Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication, concentration in Public Relations. Minor in Business Administration and Communication Studies.
- Related Coursework: Introduction to Mass Media, Media Writing, Visual Communication, Persuasive Communication, Media Research, PR Practices, PR Writing, Media Law, PR Cases, Media Ethics, PR Campaigns
SoSis, Baton Rouge, La.
Co-Founder & CMO (Oct. 2014-Present)
- Strategize and manage an online boutique featuring women’s clothing and accessories. Lead all marketing and communications efforts on social media, though mass emails and on the website. Develop and manage all aspects of the website. Plan business goals and measurements for ongoing growth. Manage photoshoots, design digital magazines, place and monitor digital advertising, and oversee the overall yearly marketing calendar.
FUSE, Baton Rouge, LA
Account Executive & Social Media Director (June 2012 – July 2016)
- Manage a team of creatives in all aspects of the full service advertising agency for clients like Traction Sports Performance, Quickick, Community Coffee Company, Blu Spero, GoAuto Insurance, Healthy BR and Capital Area United Way, to name a few. Accelerate all social media strategy, content creation and planning for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Blogs. Lead the social media monitoring process for clients. Seek new engagement and outreach opportunities for clients online. Strategize, manage and measure online paid advertising campaigns on media including: Facebook, Twitter, Google Ad Network and Pandora. Evaluate and report success to clients. Assist in graphic design, business development and marketing strategy.
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge, La.
Resource Development Associate (January 2010-June 2012)
- Strategized, wrote, edited and updated all interactive communication including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, email marketing and website.
- Planned, interviewed, compiled, wrote, edited and designed stories for publications and email marketing. Served as key contact for media.
- Coordinated, planned, implemented and evaluated annual fundraising campaign.
- Cultivated relationships through direct mail, email, face-to-face visits and interactive media.
- Served as liaison between board members and Club staff.
- Piloted fundraising events like Steak & Stake Dinner and golf tournament.
- Integrated online tactics in all special events and external communication.
- Winner of the 2012 Gold Comprehensive Marketing Strategy for Boys & Girls Clubs of America – the highest honor a local Club can receive in marketing.
Anytime Fitness/Momentum Group Fitness, Baton Rouge, La.
Public Relations Specialist (Aug. 2010-Nov. 2011)
- Managed social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Planned and implemented interactive marketing campaigns for various club events.
- Managed all aspects of new website design.
Scalable Social Media, Helotes, Tx.
Community Manager (Nov. 2010-Nov. 2011)
- Served as a social media consultant to businesses, specifically franchise owners, to help them find and project their social media voice.
- Wrote, edited and managed blogs, Facebook posts, Twitter posts and YouTube videos.
- Shaped four individual franchise owners’ online voice.
U.S. Census 2010, LSU Bateman Competition Team, Baton Rouge, La.
Team Member (Nov. 2009-May 2010)
- Researched, planned, organized, implemented and evaluated an awareness campaign, with a large web component, targeting college students and the importance of the U.S. Census. Performed grassroots marketing to inform Baton Rouge students of their role in the census. Wrote, edited and designed final campaign book.
- Received honorable mention by the Public Relations Student Society of America.
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, Baton Rouge, La.
Communications Internship (Aug. 2009-Jan. 2010)
- Collaborated with communications team to produce material for three areas of the cancer program. Constructed and edited web content. Compiled daily news email sent through internal database. Constructed press releases and drafted congressional letters. Designed and updated advertisements and fliers for monthly cancer screenings.
LSU College of Education, Office of Public Affairs, Baton Rouge, La.
Internship (July 2008-May 2009)
- Created and edited press releases and feature stories. Constructed, edited and updated website. Organized, publicized, promoted and photographed events and activities to the university. Pitched events and photo-ops to local media. Coordinated and conducted interviews with faculty, alumni and college investors. Sorted, filed and tracked press clips and media lists in Microsoft Excel and Access.
BatonRouge General Hospital, Baton Rouge, La.
Communications Internship (Nov. 2007-May 2008)
- Produced, created and edited press releases and feature stories published in the monthly Exchange newsletter. Helped plan, promote and execute events including the Children’s Art Reception and Heart Walk. Communicated internally with staff while compiling and editing photographs and quotes attaining opinions and perspectives on various topics.
- Excellent writing skills. Exceptional accuracy, grammar and proofreading skills. Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and take initiative with minimal supervision. High standard of ethics and professional communication skills. Advanced in Microsoft Office, ExpressionEngine, WordPress, Squarespace and Adobe Creative Suite including: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Proficient in the use of social media, media database management, email marketing, digital campaigns and MAC and PC operations. Superior knowledge of AP Style and guidelines.
- 2016 Advertising Federation of Baton Rouge award winner. Winner of the 2012 Gold Comprehensive Marketing Strategy for Boys & Girls Clubs of America – the highest honor a local Club can receive in marketing. TOPS Scholarship, George W. Hollingshed Scholarship, Academic Competitiveness Grant, Academic Excellence Exemption, Leveraging Educational Assistance Partner, Dean’s List, Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society, Chancellor’s List. PRSSA Bateman Team-Honorable Mention 2010
- Public Relations Association of Louisiana
- Public Relations Association of America – Baton Rouge
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge Young Professionals Association Leadership Team
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge Great Futures Gala Committee Chair
- Baton Rouge Social Media Association member
- Advertising Federation of Baton Rouge member
- Baton Rouge Fashion Council member
- Louisiana Women of Small Business member